St Neots: Community centre for Loves Farm
A NEW community centre is being planned for Loves Farm in St Neots. A team of councillors have joined forces in a bid to build a centre at the development on the outskirts of the town. County Councillor Bob Farrer and town councillors, Cllr David Harty
A NEW community centre is being planned for Loves Farm in St Neots.
A team of councillors have joined forces in a bid to build a centre at the development on the outskirts of the town.
County Councillor Bob Farrer and town councillors, Cllr David Harty and Cllr Barry Chapman are leading the project.
According to Cllr Chapman the centre could be built within 18 months using �350,000 of Section 106 money and possible lottery funding.
You may also want to watch:
He said it would be a similar size to the Jubilee Hall in Eaton Socon and be constructed on land opposite the Round House Community Primary School.
Cllr Farrer said: "It just seems so sad that we have all these new people moving into the area but nowhere for them to meet."
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
Philip Gibbs, editor of the Loves Farm community newsletter, told The Hunts Post the centre is needed and could provide a focal point for the community.
Cllr Chapman added: "It is still at the early stages but we are very hopeful of having it built within a year or so once planning permission has been granted."
He said the centre have two halls, one with a seating capacity of up to 140 people and the other smaller hall used as a youth facility and coffee bar.
There would also be a kitchen, a small bar and toilets.
Cllr Chapman said that he was planning to present the proposal at either the March or April meeting of St Neots Town Council.