St Neots: Community centre for Loves Farm
A NEW community centre is being planned for Loves Farm in St Neots. A team of councillors have joined forces in a bid to build a centre at the development on the outskirts of the town. County Councillor Bob Farrer and town councillors, Cllr David Harty
A NEW community centre is being planned for Loves Farm in St Neots.
A team of councillors have joined forces in a bid to build a centre at the development on the outskirts of the town.
County Councillor Bob Farrer and town councillors, Cllr David Harty and Cllr Barry Chapman are leading the project.
According to Cllr Chapman the centre could be built within 18 months using �350,000 of Section 106 money and possible lottery funding.
He said it would be a similar size to the Jubilee Hall in Eaton Socon and be constructed on land opposite the Round House Community Primary School.
Cllr Farrer said: "It just seems so sad that we have all these new people moving into the area but nowhere for them to meet."
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Philip Gibbs, editor of the Loves Farm community newsletter, told The Hunts Post the centre is needed and could provide a focal point for the community.
Cllr Chapman added: "It is still at the early stages but we are very hopeful of having it built within a year or so once planning permission has been granted."
He said the centre have two halls, one with a seating capacity of up to 140 people and the other smaller hall used as a youth facility and coffee bar.
There would also be a kitchen, a small bar and toilets.
Cllr Chapman said that he was planning to present the proposal at either the March or April meeting of St Neots Town Council.