St Neots carnival needs a queen
SMILING girls, willing to give a royal wave to crowds of people, are being invited to apply for a position on the St Neots carnival court. Applications are being invited for the role of the town s carnival queen and princess. The carnival is making a co
SMILING girls, willing to give a royal wave to crowds of people, are being invited to apply for a position on the St Neots carnival court.
Applications are being invited for the role of the town's carnival queen and princess.
The carnival is making a comeback this year over the August Bank Holiday weekend after lack of support meant the event did not go ahead in 2008.
This year the organisers promise it will be bigger and better than ever and a new carnival court is needed.
You may also want to watch:
Application should be made by August via the St Neots Carnival Club website (www.stneotscarnival.co.uk) or by e-mailing Karen@stneotscarnival.co.uk.
Pictures of the shortlisted candidates will be printed in The Hunts Post.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
St Neots Carnival Committee held its first public meeting last month and elected its youngest chairman in the carnival's 60 year history - 21-year-old Nicola Henderson, who is the current carnival queen.
Nicola's deputy, Cassy Long, 20, will be vice chairman and they will be assisted by nine committee members.
Nicola said: "I am delighted to take the chair for 2009 and the committee is full of enthusiasm to revive the carnival. We have a number of fundraising events planned over the coming months which we hope the community will get involved and support. "The carnival was sorely missed last year and we hope to fill the hole and bring back the community spirit to the town.