St Neots band's Remembrance Day charity song now available to download
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country s wounded soldiers is now available to download. Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country's wounded soldiers is now available to download.
Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
Husband and wife, Goodge (Mark Goodjohn) and M (Emma Goodjohn) have put the recording together along with their friend Phil Bryant.
The trio are hoping the single will raise �5,000 which will be split between Help for Heroes and Erskine, two charities that care for wounded soldiers.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist and lead vocalist, Mr Goodjohn said: "This is not a song about war, politics, or the reasons for war. This is a song about people for the people."
He added that the song's chorus and the phrase 'Cry for the unknown soldier' came to him in the run up to Remembrance Day last year following conversations with veterans.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
The song has already been played on commercial radio stations and online stations and video footage for the single has been provided by the Erskine Hospital in Edinburgh, which is a rehabilitation centre for injured soldiers.
The band will be promoting the single at Cambridge United Football Club on Saturday (October 31) and after the game Soulweaver will be playing from 5pm-8pm at the Seven Stars in Newmarket Road.
Other football clubs set to play the track include Colchester United and St Neots FC.
Mr Goodjohn said: "We hope people will support us as we have no major label, PR help or money backing. We are doing this from the heart and the people we are doing it for really deserve it."
INFORMATION: You can also download the song at www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver for Erskine or www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver-H4H for Help for Heroes.