St Neots band's Remembrance Day charity song now available to download
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country s wounded soldiers is now available to download. Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country's wounded soldiers is now available to download.
Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
Husband and wife, Goodge (Mark Goodjohn) and M (Emma Goodjohn) have put the recording together along with their friend Phil Bryant.
The trio are hoping the single will raise �5,000 which will be split between Help for Heroes and Erskine, two charities that care for wounded soldiers.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist and lead vocalist, Mr Goodjohn said: "This is not a song about war, politics, or the reasons for war. This is a song about people for the people."
He added that the song's chorus and the phrase 'Cry for the unknown soldier' came to him in the run up to Remembrance Day last year following conversations with veterans.
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
The song has already been played on commercial radio stations and online stations and video footage for the single has been provided by the Erskine Hospital in Edinburgh, which is a rehabilitation centre for injured soldiers.
The band will be promoting the single at Cambridge United Football Club on Saturday (October 31) and after the game Soulweaver will be playing from 5pm-8pm at the Seven Stars in Newmarket Road.
Other football clubs set to play the track include Colchester United and St Neots FC.
Mr Goodjohn said: "We hope people will support us as we have no major label, PR help or money backing. We are doing this from the heart and the people we are doing it for really deserve it."
INFORMATION: You can also download the song at www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver for Erskine or www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver-H4H for Help for Heroes.