St Neots band's Remembrance Day charity song now available to download
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country s wounded soldiers is now available to download. Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
A CHARITY song recorded by a St Neots rock band in support of the country's wounded soldiers is now available to download.
Remembrance Day by Soulweaver can be bought by making an online donation of �2 or more at www.soulweaverband.co.uk
Husband and wife, Goodge (Mark Goodjohn) and M (Emma Goodjohn) have put the recording together along with their friend Phil Bryant.
The trio are hoping the single will raise �5,000 which will be split between Help for Heroes and Erskine, two charities that care for wounded soldiers.
Guitarist and lead vocalist, Mr Goodjohn said: "This is not a song about war, politics, or the reasons for war. This is a song about people for the people."
He added that the song's chorus and the phrase 'Cry for the unknown soldier' came to him in the run up to Remembrance Day last year following conversations with veterans.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
The song has already been played on commercial radio stations and online stations and video footage for the single has been provided by the Erskine Hospital in Edinburgh, which is a rehabilitation centre for injured soldiers.
The band will be promoting the single at Cambridge United Football Club on Saturday (October 31) and after the game Soulweaver will be playing from 5pm-8pm at the Seven Stars in Newmarket Road.
Other football clubs set to play the track include Colchester United and St Neots FC.
Mr Goodjohn said: "We hope people will support us as we have no major label, PR help or money backing. We are doing this from the heart and the people we are doing it for really deserve it."
INFORMATION: You can also download the song at www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver for Erskine or www.justgiving.com/Remembrance-Day-By-Soulweaver-H4H for Help for Heroes.