St Ives woman to celebrate 30th with charity sky-drive
WHILE most people throw a party to celebrate turning 30, one St Ives woman is planning a sponsored sky dive to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society in memory of her grandad who suffered from the condition.
Kelly Dyer, customer consultant at N&P’s St Ives branch in Sheep Market, turned 30 today (Wednesday), which is also World Alzheimer’s Day, but will celebrate on Sunday (September 25) when she’ll be joined by five of her friends and family to take part in a 10,000 ft sky dive.
Kelly, whose granddad, Derek Dyer, died four years ago, said: “I’m so excited and really looking forward to doing my skydive, although when I booked it I did suddenly think about what I’d do if I got up there and froze.
“However, the fact that I’m doing it in memory of my grandad and for charity will make me determined to go through with it.
“I have no idea how I will feel when I’m in the plane and it’s time to jump, as I’ve never done anything like this before, so it’ll be an exciting challenge for me and something to mark my 30th birthday too!”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you’d like to sponsor Kelly, you can visit her online sponsorship page at www.justgiving.com/Derek-Dyer
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale