St Ives Tories not targeting other parties
ANYONE who has seen the latest Tory election leaflets will notice that a good deal of space is devoted to attacking Independents, even before the list of candidates for election to St Ives Town Council has been announced.
Anyone who truly believes in the democratic process and has the interests of St Ives at heart would surely welcome the fact that enthusiastic and intelligent community-minded people are coming forward to serve the town, and that the voters of St Ives are being offered a real choice.
There is no such slating in these leaflets of those who are standing as Lib-Dem or UKIP candidates. No – the fear is of those who are not standing on a party ticket and who vote in accordance with their own principles.
It is Independents who pose the greatest threat to those who are aiming to inflict on St Ives Town Council a bunch of career district councillors, who would want St Ives Town Council to go along with what has already been decided at Huntingdonshire District Council by those representing the interests of other towns and their followers, who would be forced to toe the party line.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years