St Ives Tories not targeting other parties
ANYONE who has seen the latest Tory election leaflets will notice that a good deal of space is devoted to attacking Independents, even before the list of candidates for election to St Ives Town Council has been announced.
Anyone who truly believes in the democratic process and has the interests of St Ives at heart would surely welcome the fact that enthusiastic and intelligent community-minded people are coming forward to serve the town, and that the voters of St Ives are being offered a real choice.
There is no such slating in these leaflets of those who are standing as Lib-Dem or UKIP candidates. No – the fear is of those who are not standing on a party ticket and who vote in accordance with their own principles.
It is Independents who pose the greatest threat to those who are aiming to inflict on St Ives Town Council a bunch of career district councillors, who would want St Ives Town Council to go along with what has already been decided at Huntingdonshire District Council by those representing the interests of other towns and their followers, who would be forced to toe the party line.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 5 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village