St Ives section 106 fund deferrals rejected
CAMBRIDGESHIRE County Council has rejected requests from developers on the St Ives Golf Club site to defer funding some improvements for the town. The section 106 agreement contributions are required to make a development acceptable in planning terms, and
CAMBRIDGESHIRE County Council has rejected requests from developers on the St Ives Golf Club site to defer funding some improvements for the town.
The section 106 agreement contributions are required to make a development acceptable in planning terms, and are agreed before planning permission is granted.
David Wilson Homes had asked for permission to defer contributions on sites at Cromwell Gardens, London Road, Godmanchester, and St Ives Golf Club, Houghton Road, St Ives.
The council rejected requests to defer the bus service contribution, which will see a bus route diverted through the St Ives development, because of "the social cost to early residents".
Also rejected were requests to defer the design and construction of traffic calming measures on the site, and planned improvements to public footpaths, with the council insisting that these were "necessary and integral to the planning permission".
A request to defer the St Ives Market Town Transport Strategy contribution was accepted, and the education contribution was restructured to be paid in instalments.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
The two deferral requests on the Godmanchester site were both accepted. The contributions to the educational development and the Huntingdon and Godmanchester Market Town Transport Strategy will be deferred.