St Ives garden designer awarded gold for gardens inspired by views from motorways
A GARDEN designer from St Ives has received a gold medal from the Royal Horticultural Society after creating a garden to resemble views from the country s motorways. Marney Hall, 60, also went on to win the best in show title for her work called Your Eng
A GARDEN designer from St Ives has received a gold medal from the Royal Horticultural Society after creating a garden to resemble views from the country's motorways.
Marney Hall, 60, also went on to win the best in show title for her work called 'Your England: From Information to Destination'.
Her design was entered into the BBC Gardeners World Live event at the NEC in Birmingham on behalf of the Highways Agency.
Marney's entry was designed to resemble a view of the nation's countryside as seen from the motorway and contained a variety of flora found across the UK. The garden shows a journey from the mountains and lakes of the north, through woodland and meadow to sand dunes and ending with a walk along the pier.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm delighted to have won the title, not just for myself but for all the guys who have worked so hard to make the garden a success," said Marney. "Any garden is only as good as the team that creates it and I am very lucky to have such a wonderful team."
Denise Plimpton, Highways Agency director of information, said that the success allowed the HA to explain the benefits of journey planning, using its information services and being prepared for summer driving when they head off on holiday.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 8 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?