St Ives garden designer awarded gold for gardens inspired by views from motorways
A GARDEN designer from St Ives has received a gold medal from the Royal Horticultural Society after creating a garden to resemble views from the country s motorways. Marney Hall, 60, also went on to win the best in show title for her work called Your Eng
A GARDEN designer from St Ives has received a gold medal from the Royal Horticultural Society after creating a garden to resemble views from the country's motorways.
Marney Hall, 60, also went on to win the best in show title for her work called 'Your England: From Information to Destination'.
Her design was entered into the BBC Gardeners World Live event at the NEC in Birmingham on behalf of the Highways Agency.
Marney's entry was designed to resemble a view of the nation's countryside as seen from the motorway and contained a variety of flora found across the UK. The garden shows a journey from the mountains and lakes of the north, through woodland and meadow to sand dunes and ending with a walk along the pier.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm delighted to have won the title, not just for myself but for all the guys who have worked so hard to make the garden a success," said Marney. "Any garden is only as good as the team that creates it and I am very lucky to have such a wonderful team."
Denise Plimpton, Highways Agency director of information, said that the success allowed the HA to explain the benefits of journey planning, using its information services and being prepared for summer driving when they head off on holiday.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced