St Ives father of three on hair-raising mission
PAT Synan is on a hair-raising mission. The 54-year-old father of three from St Ives has abandoned his usual short back and sides and has spent a year letting his hair do its own thing. He is being sponsored to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support who
PAT Synan is on a hair-raising mission.
The 54-year-old father of three from St Ives has abandoned his usual short back and sides and has spent a year letting his hair do its own thing.
He is being sponsored to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support who helped his brother-in-law, Alan Jones, who died of cancer in February last year.
Alan was 47, leaving a wife (Pat's sister Carmel) and four children.
Pat told The Hunts Post that when Alan was ill he made the most of his last few months. In September 2008 he organised a sponsored pub crawl, raising over �1,250 for the charity.
Pat, who has not cut his hair for nearly a year, will have it all shaved off next month and hopes to raise �1,000.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Hearings on A428 upgrade are set to resume
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
He said: "I want to help Macmillan for the treatment they gave Alan and the one-to-one care, it was very personal."
Pat, an engineer at Little Barford Power Station, said he and his curls had suffered some odd looks but on holiday in America the comments had mostly been "Nice hair, man!