St Ives father of three on hair-raising mission
PAT Synan is on a hair-raising mission. The 54-year-old father of three from St Ives has abandoned his usual short back and sides and has spent a year letting his hair do its own thing. He is being sponsored to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support who
PAT Synan is on a hair-raising mission.
The 54-year-old father of three from St Ives has abandoned his usual short back and sides and has spent a year letting his hair do its own thing.
He is being sponsored to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support who helped his brother-in-law, Alan Jones, who died of cancer in February last year.
Alan was 47, leaving a wife (Pat's sister Carmel) and four children.
You may also want to watch:
Pat told The Hunts Post that when Alan was ill he made the most of his last few months. In September 2008 he organised a sponsored pub crawl, raising over �1,250 for the charity.
Pat, who has not cut his hair for nearly a year, will have it all shaved off next month and hopes to raise �1,000.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
He said: "I want to help Macmillan for the treatment they gave Alan and the one-to-one care, it was very personal."
Pat, an engineer at Little Barford Power Station, said he and his curls had suffered some odd looks but on holiday in America the comments had mostly been "Nice hair, man!