St Ives entrepreneur signs deal with global fashion site Asos
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old entrepreneur who turned his passion into a business has secured a contract to sell his products to online retailer ASOS.
Jordan Jones, of Swan Close, in St Ives, started his business, Muscle Monkey, only three years ago after designing t-shirts with his friends.
The company creates gym wear for men, which is aimed at “passionate gym-goers who want to look and feel good in and out of the gym”.
ASOS, which showcases hundreds of brands on its website, will retail 15 of Mr Jones’ designs from its collection. These include three different styles of tracksuits, as well as a selection of plain and printed t-shirts and vests.
“It is amazing, I wrote a three-year plan and in it was to get a deal with a company like ASOS and I’ve got it just in the three-year mark,” said Mr Jones.
You may also want to watch:
“ASOS is where I like to shop so it is brilliant to think that my brand is going to be on there with the likes of Adidas and Nike.”
Mr Jones secured the deal after he was contacted “out of the blue” by a company buyer who showed an interest in his brand.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 7 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 8 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 9 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
“At the beginning of November they [ASOS] placed the order, I was working around the clock to get it ready as I had to produce the garments,” Mr Jones added.
As a part of the deal Mr Jones, a former young entrepreneur finalist at The Hunts Post Business Awards has been given the opportunity to work with the retailer to expand his collection and the Muscle Monkey business.
Mr Jones said: “The company [ASOS] is trying to push its active wear set up on its website so I will be on there with my brand and now they have given an initial order next year I hope there will be a bigger order with a lot more styles.”