St Ives Accountancy firm is on the grow
- Credit: Archant
A St Ives-based accountancy firm has welcomed three new members of staff as it continues to expand.
Thomas Quinn, which began oper-ating in the town 20 years ago, prides itself on local knowledge and build-ing relationships with clients while gaining an in-depth insight into their businesses.
The new members of the team are not only specialists in their field but they all grew up in the town.
Newly-appointed tax manager, Emma Queen trained with Ernst & Young in Cambridge where she enjoyed a prestigious career.
“It’s great to be working back in the town where I grew up after some time away. I am looking forward to using my skills, techni-cal background and experience of working in a large firm for the benefit of our clients here at
You may also want to watch:
Thomas Quinn,” she said.Adding her considerable experi-ence to the team is tax specialist Claire Jackson.
She said: “There are a lot of people out there who are fearful when it comes to tax. I’m looking forward to building really good relationships with clients, helping to allay their fears and assisting them through what for them could be a complex world of tax.”
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters
Another aspect of business that many clients need help with is the company pay roll. Mark MacDonald has joined the firm alongside Ms Queen and Ms Jackson to head up the payroll bureau, having worked for 25 years in Cambridge supplying payroll services to various railway companies.
Mr MacDonald added: “I enjoy dealing now with the whole of payroll, not just sections of it.
Here it is start to finish, the whole package.”
Partner, Phillip Beard, said: “On a strategic level their appointment is all part our plans for growth and expansion, while maintaining attention to the close relationship work with clients the whole year round – this has been the life blood of the business in the years gone by, and will continue to be so in the years to come.”