Sports centre still on
PLANS for a long-awaited sports centre in Cambourne are thought to be secure despite the company behind the project being put up for sale. At a public meeting in June, Leisure Connection promised to provide a sports centre in Cambourne by September 2008.
PLANS for a long-awaited sports centre in Cambourne are thought to be secure despite the company behind the project being put up for sale.
At a public meeting in June, Leisure Connection promised to provide a sports centre in Cambourne by September 2008.
It has now been revealed that the company, which has its head office at Wyboston Lakes near St Neots, is on the market with a price tag of £50million. Owner Danoptra Holdings has appointed PriceWaterhouseCoopers to handle the sale.
However, a spokesman for the company told The Hunts Post the sale will not affect the plans for Cambourne sports centre.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought building work will go ahead as planned in October.
The centre will consist of a health floor with more than 100 stations, a dance, drama and aerobatics suite, solarium, sauna, steam room and a beautician's area. There will also be a six-lane swimming pool and multi-purpose sports court.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 5 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
Leisure Connections is one of Britain's biggest sports centre companies, operating more than 80 sports and leisure centres on behalf of local authorities across the UK.