Sports centre still on
PLANS for a long-awaited sports centre in Cambourne are thought to be secure despite the company behind the project being put up for sale. At a public meeting in June, Leisure Connection promised to provide a sports centre in Cambourne by September 2008.
PLANS for a long-awaited sports centre in Cambourne are thought to be secure despite the company behind the project being put up for sale.
At a public meeting in June, Leisure Connection promised to provide a sports centre in Cambourne by September 2008.
It has now been revealed that the company, which has its head office at Wyboston Lakes near St Neots, is on the market with a price tag of £50million. Owner Danoptra Holdings has appointed PriceWaterhouseCoopers to handle the sale.
However, a spokesman for the company told The Hunts Post the sale will not affect the plans for Cambourne sports centre.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought building work will go ahead as planned in October.
The centre will consist of a health floor with more than 100 stations, a dance, drama and aerobatics suite, solarium, sauna, steam room and a beautician's area. There will also be a six-lane swimming pool and multi-purpose sports court.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Leisure Connections is one of Britain's biggest sports centre companies, operating more than 80 sports and leisure centres on behalf of local authorities across the UK.