Splash of colour for kitchen fundraiser
CHILDREN at Crosshall Infants School used all the colours of the rainbow to help raise money for a new kitchen. Dressed in as many colours as they could find, pupils arrived at school in decorated t-shirts, odd shoes and socks, colourful hair bobbles, hat
CHILDREN at Crosshall Infants School used all the colours of the rainbow to help raise money for a new kitchen.
Dressed in as many colours as they could find, pupils arrived at school in decorated t-shirts, odd shoes and socks, colourful hair bobbles, hats, and wigs.
Other children even coloured their hair for the occasion.
The school's fundraising committee decided to organise the event to help pay for a new kitchen to replace the old equipment before the start of the next academic year.
You may also want to watch:
The outfits were made at home by the children, who paid £1 to take part in the fundraising day. After a parade in the hall, prizes were awarded to the most colourful students from each class.
About £300 was raised, which will be used to buy basic equipment such as wooden spoons, measuring jugs and cutlery.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 9 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
- 10 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
Vanessa Parker, headteacher's PA, said: "It was a brilliant success - the children loved it.
"They made a great effort in costume design. It's a good thing to do at the end of term. It doesn't raise massive amounts but every little helps."
PICTURE: HELEN DRAKE