Speedwatch volunteers needed for Oxmoor and Hartford
EAGLE-eyed volunteers are needed to help catch speeding motorists in the Oxmoor and Hartford areas of Huntingdon.Members of the public are needed to join the Speedwatch initiative in Huntingdon, which allows the community to monitor the speeds of vehicl
EAGLE-eyed volunteers are needed to help catch speeding motorists in the Oxmoor and Hartford areas of Huntingdon.
Members of the public are needed to join the Speedwatch initiative in Huntingdon, which allows the community to monitor the speeds of vehicles travelling through their neighbourhood. The scheme is run by volunteers with support from Cambridgeshire police and aims to educate motorists and record trends in speeding.
The registered owner of a vehicle caught exceeding the speed limit under the Speedwatch scheme will be sent an advisory letter, explaining that speeding is unacceptable. Persistent offenders could receive a visit from police.
The schemes already operate in St Ives, Ramsey and St Neots and volunteers are given training on how to use the speed detection equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Ian Ford, from the Huntingdon neighbourhood policing team, said: "This is a great opportunity for the community to get involved in the policing of their roads.
"For many residents speeding is an emotive issue and is one of the most frequent problems to be highlighted as a priority at neighbourhood panel meetings.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 8 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
"This scheme means the public can help us to build up a picture of how serious the problem is."
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in getting involved with Speedwatch in Huntingdon, should contact Inspector Ford or Sergeant Becky Jones at Huntingdon Police Station on 0345 4564564.