Speeding drivers targeted
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon. Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.During the checks 32 drivers
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon.
Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.
During the checks 32 drivers were given verbal warnings as part of the education and inform approach of the operation. Officers will now be carrying out regular checks in the area and issuing fines to anyone caught speeding.
PC Luke Coulson said: "Speeding is an emotive issue for many of the residents of Hartford and the Oxmoor and an issue that officers will continue to tackle.
You may also want to watch:
"This operation was part of work to educate and inform drivers of the law in relation to speeding and will now be followed by robust police enforcement.
"Those who break the speed limit or speed inappropriately when driving are not only risking their own lives but also the lives of others."
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
Anyone caught speeding will be issued with a £60 fine and three points on their licence, or a court summons for more serious offences.