Speeding drivers targeted
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon. Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.During the checks 32 drivers
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon.
Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.
During the checks 32 drivers were given verbal warnings as part of the education and inform approach of the operation. Officers will now be carrying out regular checks in the area and issuing fines to anyone caught speeding.
PC Luke Coulson said: "Speeding is an emotive issue for many of the residents of Hartford and the Oxmoor and an issue that officers will continue to tackle.
You may also want to watch:
"This operation was part of work to educate and inform drivers of the law in relation to speeding and will now be followed by robust police enforcement.
"Those who break the speed limit or speed inappropriately when driving are not only risking their own lives but also the lives of others."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
Anyone caught speeding will be issued with a £60 fine and three points on their licence, or a court summons for more serious offences.