Speeding drivers targeted
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon. Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.During the checks 32 drivers
MORE than 30 drivers were caught speeding during a two-hour speed check in Huntingdon.
Police carried out the checks in Hartford and Oxmoor on Sunday (June 10) following complaints from residents about speeding in the area.
During the checks 32 drivers were given verbal warnings as part of the education and inform approach of the operation. Officers will now be carrying out regular checks in the area and issuing fines to anyone caught speeding.
PC Luke Coulson said: "Speeding is an emotive issue for many of the residents of Hartford and the Oxmoor and an issue that officers will continue to tackle.
"This operation was part of work to educate and inform drivers of the law in relation to speeding and will now be followed by robust police enforcement.
"Those who break the speed limit or speed inappropriately when driving are not only risking their own lives but also the lives of others."
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Sawtry homes plan is approved
Anyone caught speeding will be issued with a £60 fine and three points on their licence, or a court summons for more serious offences.