Speeding drivers crash during race through St Ives
A SPEEDING motorist crashed into three parked cars in St Ives and then fled. The collision took place at 10.27pm on Thursday (March 19) in The Quadrant. Witnesses phoned 999 after seeing a silver Peugeot smash into a row of parked cars and then drive of
SPEEDING motorists caused thousands of pounds of damage to parked cars after crashing during a race through the streets of St Ives.
Three parked cars were damaged at about 10.30pm on Thursday (March 19) in The Quadrant.
Witnesses phoned 999 after seeing a silver Peugeot and an Audi smash into a row of parked cars and then drive off.
It is believed the Peugeot had been racing the silver Audi estate minutes before the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Carli Hall, 27, who lives on The Quadrant, had her Mitsubishi damaged in the collision.
She told The Hunts Post: "I came home from the pub and couldn't believe my eyes. My car was a real mess, it is a complete write-off.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
"If my car hadn't have been parked where it was the speeding car could have mounted the pavement and smashed through my home.
"Someone could have been killed."
The driver of Peugeot is believed to be a man in his 20s, who was seen wearing a blue T-shirt.
Police are urging the driver to hand himself in and anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.