Speeding drivers crash during race through St Ives
A SPEEDING motorist crashed into three parked cars in St Ives and then fled. The collision took place at 10.27pm on Thursday (March 19) in The Quadrant. Witnesses phoned 999 after seeing a silver Peugeot smash into a row of parked cars and then drive of
SPEEDING motorists caused thousands of pounds of damage to parked cars after crashing during a race through the streets of St Ives.
Three parked cars were damaged at about 10.30pm on Thursday (March 19) in The Quadrant.
Witnesses phoned 999 after seeing a silver Peugeot and an Audi smash into a row of parked cars and then drive off.
It is believed the Peugeot had been racing the silver Audi estate minutes before the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Carli Hall, 27, who lives on The Quadrant, had her Mitsubishi damaged in the collision.
She told The Hunts Post: "I came home from the pub and couldn't believe my eyes. My car was a real mess, it is a complete write-off.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
"If my car hadn't have been parked where it was the speeding car could have mounted the pavement and smashed through my home.
"Someone could have been killed."
The driver of Peugeot is believed to be a man in his 20s, who was seen wearing a blue T-shirt.
Police are urging the driver to hand himself in and anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.