Speed limit reduction set for A1123 in Hunts
SPEED limits on the A1123 between Hartford and St Ives are set to be reduced from the current 60mph. Cambridgeshire County Council is to advertise proposed new limits of 50mph between the A141 Hartford roundabout and Houghton cemetery, near the entrance t
SPEED limits on the A1123 between Hartford and St Ives are set to be reduced from the current 60mph.
Cambridgeshire County Council is to advertise proposed new limits of 50mph between the A141 Hartford roundabout and Houghton cemetery, near the entrance to the village.
The limit would reduce to 40mph on the bend before reverting to 50mph on the approach to the 40mph limit on Houghton Road, St Ives, Huntingdonshire's traffic management committee agreed last week.
Once work starts on building 300 new homes on the western edge of St Ives on both sides of Houghton Road, the committee will look at reducing the limit to 40mph from the B1090 Sawtry Way, the road leading to RAF Wyton.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdonshire District Council's leader, Councillor Ian Bates, wanted a 40mph limit for the whole distance between Hill Rise, St Ives, and Hartford - a move that attracted support from parish councillors in Houghton and Wyton - but engineers said it was unrealistic.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village