Speed cameras and 60mph limit announced for A1
- Credit: Archant
THE Highways Agency has agreed to lower the speed limit on the A1 to 60mph between Buckden and Southoe and will be enforcing it with speed cameras.
The announcement follows a long-running campaign for safety measures led by people living in the two villages, as well as Diddington.
David Abbott, an HA asset manager, said: “We are aware that there have been concerns about safety along this stretch of road and we are very pleased to be have secured funding to make safety improvements here.
“The new speed limit and average speed cameras will cover the A1 between Buckden and 300 metres south of Lees Lane, Southoe.
“This will help to manage traffic flows along the A1 through the villages of Buckden, Diddington and Southoe and address recent safety concerns, especially at the Southoe Bends.
You may also want to watch:
“We will begin design work on the scheme shortly and expect it to be fully operational by summer 2014.”
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life