Special tourism award for town’s 40s homage
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire. The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HA
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire.
The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HAT) award.
Given out annually, the award recognises the events and organisations which have shown outstanding achievements within Huntingdonshire's tourism and leisure industry.
Committee chairman Brian Cunningham, who received the award, said: "It's great that the hard work of the organising
committee and helpers has been recognised and this award is really for them.
"It's important to remember that there's a serious purpose to the weekend though, and that's to raise money for some very deserving causes."
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
The event, which sees residents and visitors step back in time, is held every year at RAF Upwood and attracts around 10,000 visitors each August.
Last year the event raised more than £9,000, which was donated to a number of charities including Cancer Research, Barnados, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Ramsey Day Care Centre and Somersham Brownies.
This year the event will take place on August 18 and 19 at RAF Upwood.
INFORMATION: To find out more visit: www.ramsey1940sweekend.info