Special tourism award for town’s 40s homage
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire. The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HA
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire.
The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HAT) award.
Given out annually, the award recognises the events and organisations which have shown outstanding achievements within Huntingdonshire's tourism and leisure industry.
Committee chairman Brian Cunningham, who received the award, said: "It's great that the hard work of the organising
You may also want to watch:
committee and helpers has been recognised and this award is really for them.
"It's important to remember that there's a serious purpose to the weekend though, and that's to raise money for some very deserving causes."
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
The event, which sees residents and visitors step back in time, is held every year at RAF Upwood and attracts around 10,000 visitors each August.
Last year the event raised more than £9,000, which was donated to a number of charities including Cancer Research, Barnados, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Ramsey Day Care Centre and Somersham Brownies.
This year the event will take place on August 18 and 19 at RAF Upwood.
INFORMATION: To find out more visit: www.ramsey1940sweekend.info