Special tourism award for town’s 40s homage
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire. The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HA
A WEEKEND that pays homage to the 1940s, and has raised thousands of pounds for charity, has been rewarded for its contribution to tourism in Huntingdonshire.
The Ramsey 1940s Weekend has received a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism (HAT) award.
Given out annually, the award recognises the events and organisations which have shown outstanding achievements within Huntingdonshire's tourism and leisure industry.
Committee chairman Brian Cunningham, who received the award, said: "It's great that the hard work of the organising
You may also want to watch:
committee and helpers has been recognised and this award is really for them.
"It's important to remember that there's a serious purpose to the weekend though, and that's to raise money for some very deserving causes."
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
The event, which sees residents and visitors step back in time, is held every year at RAF Upwood and attracts around 10,000 visitors each August.
Last year the event raised more than £9,000, which was donated to a number of charities including Cancer Research, Barnados, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Ramsey Day Care Centre and Somersham Brownies.
This year the event will take place on August 18 and 19 at RAF Upwood.
INFORMATION: To find out more visit: www.ramsey1940sweekend.info