Sorry about the parking - Huntingdon mayor
I WOULD like to clarify that the fine was paid promptly and on its way with Royal Mail well before your publication. My intention was always to pay the fine and therefore I find your article s use of the words mayor will not pay fine rather disconcertin
I WOULD like to clarify that the fine was paid promptly and on its way with Royal Mail well before your publication.
My intention was always to pay the fine and therefore I find your article's use of the words "mayor will not pay fine" rather disconcerting.
I would like to reassure yourselves and your readers that I am not above the law, be it as an individual or as the Town Mayor, as your article may have been perceived by some.
The police have a duty to make sure vehicles are parked correctly, and therefore I fully understand their justification for issuing a ticket to me for "un-necessary obstruction".
You may also want to watch:
Incidentally, your article further claims that these sorts of fines must be paid within 14 days or the fine is doubled to £60.
According to my parking ticket, the fine had to be paid within 28 days and not 14 days and, if it hadn't been paid within 28 days, then an extra £15 is added making the total £45 and not £60.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
I would like to take this opportunity of unreservedly apologising to any members of the public or businesses for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to my parking.
Councillor SAEED AKTHAR
Mayor of Huntingdon Town