Sorry about the parking - Huntingdon mayor
I WOULD like to clarify that the fine was paid promptly and on its way with Royal Mail well before your publication. My intention was always to pay the fine and therefore I find your article s use of the words mayor will not pay fine rather disconcertin
I WOULD like to clarify that the fine was paid promptly and on its way with Royal Mail well before your publication.
My intention was always to pay the fine and therefore I find your article's use of the words "mayor will not pay fine" rather disconcerting.
I would like to reassure yourselves and your readers that I am not above the law, be it as an individual or as the Town Mayor, as your article may have been perceived by some.
The police have a duty to make sure vehicles are parked correctly, and therefore I fully understand their justification for issuing a ticket to me for "un-necessary obstruction".
Incidentally, your article further claims that these sorts of fines must be paid within 14 days or the fine is doubled to £60.
According to my parking ticket, the fine had to be paid within 28 days and not 14 days and, if it hadn't been paid within 28 days, then an extra £15 is added making the total £45 and not £60.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
I would like to take this opportunity of unreservedly apologising to any members of the public or businesses for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to my parking.
Councillor SAEED AKTHAR
Mayor of Huntingdon Town