Song Entry - Clear Cut
CLEAR-CUT S spacey rock track Kind Regards starts extremely slowly with atmospheric guitars and singing that doesn t appear to be leading to a chorus particularly fast. You could possibly cut the first two minutes and not lose too much. However, there is
CLEAR-CUT'S spacey rock track Kind Regards starts extremely slowly with atmospheric guitars and singing that doesn't appear to be leading to a chorus particularly fast.
You could possibly cut the first two minutes and not lose too much. However, there is a place for atmospherics and true not every second has to be filled with melody and lyrics.
As the song starts getting serious it becomes very clear that the overriding influence of the St Neots band is Muse. For any band to emulate Muse is a big ask because Matt Bellamy has mastered the knack of playing the guitar and singing like he's from another planet. It's tough to follow that blueprint so precisely and not come away sounding extremely second rate. To Clear-Cut's great credit, the singing and playing is truly explosive and of a power that would have record labels rushing to see them. If they could make their sound more of a cocktail of other influences, they might succeed in defining themselves from their heroes.
I've seen Muse live four times and have never failed to be taken aback by their sound and live performance. Not to put Clear-Cut down - but as with Muse I don't think their songwriting is their trump card. They have a powerful and exciting sound that would be the envy of many bands and if that can be honed just a little then the future could be very interesting for them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter