Flesh and Blood Written and performed by: The Introspectators FLESH and Blood grabbed my attention with a playful and melodic guitar riff that leads into verse that s sung perfectly casually. It all reminds me a lot of The Lemonheads – and I hope that the
Flesh and Blood
Written and performed by: The Introspectators
FLESH and Blood grabbed my attention with a playful and melodic guitar riff that leads into verse that's sung perfectly casually. It all reminds me a lot of The Lemonheads - and I hope that they're fans of Evan Dando's similar brand of melodic alternative rock.
The verse immediately demonstrates some real songwriting talent - superb lyrics, rhyme and perfect tone.
The chorus is understated yet emotional and all the main elements are fantastic without being showy. At five-and-a-half minutes it's quite a long track and with the main riff repeating so often without variation it can feel long. Personally, I'd much prefer to listen to a three-minute song twice than a six-minute song once.
That might be over simplifying things a little - this is a great song and a very good track and I can't wait to hear more from them.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
Oh, and if there was a prize for best band name - Introspectators would get my vote.