Flesh and Blood Written and performed by: The Introspectators FLESH and Blood grabbed my attention with a playful and melodic guitar riff that leads into verse that s sung perfectly casually. It all reminds me a lot of The Lemonheads – and I hope that the
Flesh and Blood
Written and performed by: The Introspectators
FLESH and Blood grabbed my attention with a playful and melodic guitar riff that leads into verse that's sung perfectly casually. It all reminds me a lot of The Lemonheads - and I hope that they're fans of Evan Dando's similar brand of melodic alternative rock.
The verse immediately demonstrates some real songwriting talent - superb lyrics, rhyme and perfect tone.
You may also want to watch:
The chorus is understated yet emotional and all the main elements are fantastic without being showy. At five-and-a-half minutes it's quite a long track and with the main riff repeating so often without variation it can feel long. Personally, I'd much prefer to listen to a three-minute song twice than a six-minute song once.
That might be over simplifying things a little - this is a great song and a very good track and I can't wait to hear more from them.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
Oh, and if there was a prize for best band name - Introspectators would get my vote.