AFTER the great success of the first Almost Famous Song Competition in 2007 – we announce the launch of this year s contest. Write a song for Almost Famous and you could win studio time at the Studio Rooms at Wyton to record it as a single. Your song wil
AFTER the great success of the first Almost Famous Song Competition in 2007 - we announce the launch of this year's contest.
Write a song for Almost Famous and you could win studio time at the Studio Rooms at Wyton to record it as a single. Your song will be part of a promotion CD and you will be promoted in Almost Famous and interviewed on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
As soon as entries come in, we will feature them in Almost Famous and play them on The Hunts Post website: wwwhuntspost24.co.uk. The songs will stay there until the summer when we will announce a shortlist and eventually a winner. A selection of the bands will play at the awards presentation concert.
Last year's winners were Mark Wilks and Jimmi Proctor.
Their song When We Were Young was featured as the first track on the Almost Famous CD and also won them an appearance on the BBC Radio Cambridgeshire show The Audio Files, presented by Jeremy Sallis.
All entries will be made available to download on The Hunts Post website to help get your music heard by as many people as possible. The competition is open to all Huntingdonshire songwriters. All band entries must have at least one member living in Huntingdonshire to qualify. The judges will be the Almost Famous team.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
To enter this year's competition, simply email an MP3 of your song to almostfamouspage@
googlemail.com along with the following information:
# Name of song
# Full names/s of songwriter/s
# Name of artist or band performing the song
# Website address
# Details of any upcoming gigs you would like us to mention
# Please also include a good quality photo of the songwriter/s and some background information about the person or people who wrote the song.