AFTER the great success of the first Almost Famous Song Competition in 2007 – we announce the launch of this year s contest. Write a song for Almost Famous and you could win studio time at the Studio Rooms at Wyton to record it as a single. Your song wil
AFTER the great success of the first Almost Famous Song Competition in 2007 - we announce the launch of this year's contest.
Write a song for Almost Famous and you could win studio time at the Studio Rooms at Wyton to record it as a single. Your song will be part of a promotion CD and you will be promoted in Almost Famous and interviewed on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
As soon as entries come in, we will feature them in Almost Famous and play them on The Hunts Post website: wwwhuntspost24.co.uk. The songs will stay there until the summer when we will announce a shortlist and eventually a winner. A selection of the bands will play at the awards presentation concert.
Last year's winners were Mark Wilks and Jimmi Proctor.
You may also want to watch:
Their song When We Were Young was featured as the first track on the Almost Famous CD and also won them an appearance on the BBC Radio Cambridgeshire show The Audio Files, presented by Jeremy Sallis.
All entries will be made available to download on The Hunts Post website to help get your music heard by as many people as possible. The competition is open to all Huntingdonshire songwriters. All band entries must have at least one member living in Huntingdonshire to qualify. The judges will be the Almost Famous team.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 9 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 10 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
To enter this year's competition, simply email an MP3 of your song to almostfamouspage@
googlemail.com along with the following information:
# Name of song
# Full names/s of songwriter/s
# Name of artist or band performing the song
# Website address
# Details of any upcoming gigs you would like us to mention
# Please also include a good quality photo of the songwriter/s and some background information about the person or people who wrote the song.