Song and dance
ST IVES Music and Drama Society produced yet another great success but this time with a twist – it was perfected by rehearsing four hours per week for a mere five weeks. The result from the 36 artistes, the musicians, and the support staff was a stunning
ST IVES Music and Drama Society produced yet another great success but this time with a twist - it was perfected by rehearsing four hours per week for a mere five weeks.
The result from the 36 artistes, the musicians, and the support staff was a stunning two-and-a-half hours of entertainment, Gotta Sing! Gotta Dance, which travelled from Flanagan and Allen through a range of musicals to Elvis, dance routines, Buddy Holly, Fagan and a show-stopping selection from Les Miserables.
Performers' ages ranged from 12 to 80, with all showing enthusiasm and skill in their performances - quite exacting as they all had to make four costume changes.
This was a charity revue with all the profits going to UNIQUE - a rare chromosome disorder support group, a very worthwhile cause and a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Leader champions Huntingdonshire as 'great place to live'