Somersham frozen lake danger
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.Officers attend
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.
Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.
Officers attended the scene but the children had left the area. Tyre tracks were seen across scene as if a bike had been ridden across the lake.
PC Les Elmer, from the Huntingdon neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are growing increasingly concerned with the reports of children playing on frozen lakes.
"As tempting as it is for them to play on the ice, they risk falling in if it cracks.
"I would ask parents to tell their children of the dangers. If a child falls in, at best it will prompt a dangerous rescue attempt by emergency services and at worst we could be dealing with a child's death.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape