Somersham frozen lake danger
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.Officers attend
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.
Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.
Officers attended the scene but the children had left the area. Tyre tracks were seen across scene as if a bike had been ridden across the lake.
PC Les Elmer, from the Huntingdon neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are growing increasingly concerned with the reports of children playing on frozen lakes.
You may also want to watch:
"As tempting as it is for them to play on the ice, they risk falling in if it cracks.
"I would ask parents to tell their children of the dangers. If a child falls in, at best it will prompt a dangerous rescue attempt by emergency services and at worst we could be dealing with a child's death.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 8 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed