Somersham frozen lake danger
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.Officers attend
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.
Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.
Officers attended the scene but the children had left the area. Tyre tracks were seen across scene as if a bike had been ridden across the lake.
PC Les Elmer, from the Huntingdon neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are growing increasingly concerned with the reports of children playing on frozen lakes.
You may also want to watch:
"As tempting as it is for them to play on the ice, they risk falling in if it cracks.
"I would ask parents to tell their children of the dangers. If a child falls in, at best it will prompt a dangerous rescue attempt by emergency services and at worst we could be dealing with a child's death.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years