Somersham frozen lake danger
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.Officers attend
FEARS have been raised after children were seen playing on a frozen lake in Somersham.
Police received a call from a member of the public on Sunday (January 10) concerned after seeing a group of youngsters playing on a lake at The Trundle.
Officers attended the scene but the children had left the area. Tyre tracks were seen across scene as if a bike had been ridden across the lake.
PC Les Elmer, from the Huntingdon neighbourhood policing team, said: "We are growing increasingly concerned with the reports of children playing on frozen lakes.
You may also want to watch:
"As tempting as it is for them to play on the ice, they risk falling in if it cracks.
"I would ask parents to tell their children of the dangers. If a child falls in, at best it will prompt a dangerous rescue attempt by emergency services and at worst we could be dealing with a child's death.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital