A THANKyou to the people of Huntingdonshire for supporting our 2006 Battle of Britain Wings Appeal. Over the last 12 months, we have collected £8,465 for the appeal at venues throughout the district. The Royal Air Forces Association runs three convalescen
A THANKyou to the people of Huntingdonshire for supporting our 2006 Battle of Britain Wings Appeal. Over the last 12 months, we have collected £8,465 for the appeal at venues throughout the district.
The Royal Air Forces Association runs three convalescent and respite care centres in the UK. It also supports many smaller sheltered housing schemes, and provides help in their own homes to individual serving and ex-RAF personnel and their families.
These projects require over £1.5million in running costs annually, and without the money collected each year by RAFA branches throughout the country much of this work would not be possible.
Our thanks go to Tesco and Waitrose in Huntingdon and Frosts of Brampton, for allowing us to collect on their premises. Thanks to the
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdonshire Concert Band, whose annual Wings Concert was again a great success. Thanks to the members of 73 and 2331 Squadrons of the Air Training Corps, and the Huntingdon branch of the Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets, who helped us with the collecting.
However, it is the generosity of the people of Huntingdonshire that made this yet another good year for us. They may rest assured that all the money collected will be put to good use.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
Wings Appeal Organiser
Huntingdon and District branch of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA).