SNOW UPDATE: Roads blocked, lorries jack-knifed and vehicles in ditches
CONDITIONS are treacherous on Huntingdonshire s roads and the official advice is to stay at home and avoid any unnecessary travel. On the A14, traffic was moving at walking pace with major problems at the southbound Spittals interchange. There was al
CONDITIONS are treacherous on Huntingdonshire's roads and the official advice is to stay at home and avoid any unnecessary travel.
On the A14, traffic was moving at walking pace with major problems involving a lorry at the Spittals interchange, which the Highways Agency said, at 10.20am, it was still working to clear.
There was also a broken down lorry on the A14 at Hemingford Grey that had earlier been causing long queues. By 9.30am it had been cleared, but traffic was still moving very slowly.
Traffic on the other major routes in the district, the A428 and the A1(M), was also moving slowly and queues were clogging the streets in all of the market towns.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police said there had been a number of incidents on the road.
A vehicle was in a ditch between Earith and St Ives, although there was no obstruction to traffic.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
Between St Ives and Somersham on the B1040 another vehicle was partly in a ditch and also blocking the road.
On the A141 between Wyton and Hartford two lorries had jack-knifed going up the hill, causing an obstruction.
Details of school closures can be found elsewhere on this website.
If you have any further details about problems on the road, please e-mail email@example.com and well update the website to inform other motorists.