Snow affects First Capital Connect train services between London, St Neots and Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
TRAINS running through St Neots and Huntingdon have been affected by the snow with trains cancelled and others missing stops.
First Capital Connect has said the weather has affected their service and is advising commuters to allow for more time.
One service from King’s Cross was stopped as it reached Biggleswade to help a train which had a ‘weather-related’ fault with one train to St Neots and Huntingdon from Peterborough cancelled.
Another service from Peterborough to King’s Cross did not stop at Huntingdon or St Neots, which the train operator said was to keep to the ordinary timetable later in the day.
A spokesman said: “We would urge customers to keep checking our website for updates on travel and allow for more time to get home as we are expecting services to be affected by the weather.
You may also want to watch:
“We have plans in place to minimise disruption and have engineers in key places so that if anything does go wrong then issues are quickly resolved.”
Cambridgeshire police has issued a warning for motorists to advise them to take extra care on the roads.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
• Do you have pictures of snow scenes? Send them to email@example.com