Snow affects First Capital Connect train services between London, St Neots and Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
TRAINS running through St Neots and Huntingdon have been affected by the snow with trains cancelled and others missing stops.
First Capital Connect has said the weather has affected their service and is advising commuters to allow for more time.
One service from King’s Cross was stopped as it reached Biggleswade to help a train which had a ‘weather-related’ fault with one train to St Neots and Huntingdon from Peterborough cancelled.
Another service from Peterborough to King’s Cross did not stop at Huntingdon or St Neots, which the train operator said was to keep to the ordinary timetable later in the day.
A spokesman said: “We would urge customers to keep checking our website for updates on travel and allow for more time to get home as we are expecting services to be affected by the weather.
You may also want to watch:
“We have plans in place to minimise disruption and have engineers in key places so that if anything does go wrong then issues are quickly resolved.”
Cambridgeshire police has issued a warning for motorists to advise them to take extra care on the roads.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man carrying knife 'in the street' closes St Ives primary school
- 3 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
• Do you have pictures of snow scenes? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org