Snow affects First Capital Connect train services between London, St Neots and Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
TRAINS running through St Neots and Huntingdon have been affected by the snow with trains cancelled and others missing stops.
First Capital Connect has said the weather has affected their service and is advising commuters to allow for more time.
One service from King’s Cross was stopped as it reached Biggleswade to help a train which had a ‘weather-related’ fault with one train to St Neots and Huntingdon from Peterborough cancelled.
Another service from Peterborough to King’s Cross did not stop at Huntingdon or St Neots, which the train operator said was to keep to the ordinary timetable later in the day.
A spokesman said: “We would urge customers to keep checking our website for updates on travel and allow for more time to get home as we are expecting services to be affected by the weather.
“We have plans in place to minimise disruption and have engineers in key places so that if anything does go wrong then issues are quickly resolved.”
Cambridgeshire police has issued a warning for motorists to advise them to take extra care on the roads.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
• Do you have pictures of snow scenes? Send them to email@example.com