Snow affects First Capital Connect train services between London, St Neots and Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
TRAINS running through St Neots and Huntingdon have been affected by the snow with trains cancelled and others missing stops.
First Capital Connect has said the weather has affected their service and is advising commuters to allow for more time.
One service from King’s Cross was stopped as it reached Biggleswade to help a train which had a ‘weather-related’ fault with one train to St Neots and Huntingdon from Peterborough cancelled.
Another service from Peterborough to King’s Cross did not stop at Huntingdon or St Neots, which the train operator said was to keep to the ordinary timetable later in the day.
A spokesman said: “We would urge customers to keep checking our website for updates on travel and allow for more time to get home as we are expecting services to be affected by the weather.
“We have plans in place to minimise disruption and have engineers in key places so that if anything does go wrong then issues are quickly resolved.”
Cambridgeshire police has issued a warning for motorists to advise them to take extra care on the roads.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
• Do you have pictures of snow scenes? Send them to email@example.com