Snooker legends to play in St Ives
SNOOKER fans are in for a real treat next week when three legendary players take to the table in St Ives. The Legends of Snooker series is being held at the Burgess Hall in Westwood Road on Wednesday, May 6 at 7.30pm. It will feature a seven frame match
SNOOKER fans are in for a real treat next week when three legendary players take to the table in St Ives.
The Legends of Snooker series is being held at the Burgess Hall in Westwood Road on Wednesday, May 6 at 7.30pm.
It will feature a seven frame match between snooker greats, Jimmy White and Alex Higgins. There will also be an hour of impersonations and trickshots by former Big Break star, John Virgo.
Jimmy 'whirlwind' White MBE was introduced to snooker 30 years ago at the age of 13 by Alex Higgins. Jimmy has won a total of 23 professional titles and has been runner up six times in the World Championship.
Alex 'hurricane' Higgins is a twice World Champion snooker player from Northern Ireland. He entered the professional world of snooker at the age of 22 and has been runner-up World Champion on two occasions.
John Virgo started playing snooker at 15 and in 1962 won the British under 16s title after just four months of playing. In 1979 he became the UK champion.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
After the event there will be an opportunity for people to get the players autographs.
Organiser, Ken Upperton said: "I have been doing these shows for 30 years across the UK but this is the first time we have come to Huntingdonshire.
"It's about taking the star players that the people want to see and bringing them to the community.
"This will be an evening of top-class snooker."
INFORMATION: Tickets cost �25 for seated or �18.50 for balcony standing and should be booked in advance from 01480 388500.