Smoke alarms save victims of arson attack
A HOUSE was set alight in an arson attack in Sawtry.Police said the arsonists pushed set fire to an object and pushed it through the letterbox of a property in Green End. A curtain across the front door caught light, but luckily the residents were woken
A HOUSE was set alight in an arson attack in Sawtry.
Police said the arsonists pushed set fire to an object and pushed it through the letterbox of a property in Green End.
A curtain across the front door caught light, but luckily the residents were woken by their two fire alarms sounding.
DC Martin Brocklebank, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw something suspicious in the area of Green End Road that night.
"This is an extremely serious offence which could have resulted in loss of life.
"Thanks to the residents having two fire alarms, they were woken and could get out of the house before the fire took hold."
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 9 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 10 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
The incident took place at around 10.55pm on Wednesday, April 9.
It is currently unknown how the fire was extinguished.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Brocklebank on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.