Smoke alarms save victims of arson attack
A HOUSE was set alight in an arson attack in Sawtry.Police said the arsonists pushed set fire to an object and pushed it through the letterbox of a property in Green End. A curtain across the front door caught light, but luckily the residents were woken
A HOUSE was set alight in an arson attack in Sawtry.
Police said the arsonists pushed set fire to an object and pushed it through the letterbox of a property in Green End.
A curtain across the front door caught light, but luckily the residents were woken by their two fire alarms sounding.
DC Martin Brocklebank, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw something suspicious in the area of Green End Road that night.
You may also want to watch:
"This is an extremely serious offence which could have resulted in loss of life.
"Thanks to the residents having two fire alarms, they were woken and could get out of the house before the fire took hold."
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
The incident took place at around 10.55pm on Wednesday, April 9.
It is currently unknown how the fire was extinguished.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Brocklebank on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.