Skydiving in memory of Billy
A Huntingdon woman helped to raise £3,000 after completing a tandem sky dive in memory of her nephew, who died aged six months. Billy Brett Boyden died in September last year from spinal muscular atrophy type one. To raise money for the organisations whic
A Huntingdon woman helped to raise £3,000 after completing a tandem sky dive in memory of her nephew, who died aged six months.
Billy Brett Boyden died in September last year from spinal muscular atrophy type one.
To raise money for the organisations which helped Billy, his aunt Shelley Boyden and his mother, Angela Brett, of Hitchin, took part in a tandem 12,000ft sky dive.
Shelley, 31, pictured during her jump, said she had to conquer her fear of heights to take part.
You may also want to watch:
"This is not something I would have ever dreamed of doing as I do not like heights. Obviously, Billy's death has had a massive impact on our family and I felt that I wanted to do something for all the charities that helped both Billy and his parents, Matt Boyden and Angela Brett, throughout his short life.
"We fell for about 30 seconds before the parachute was opened and then we had a nice floating back down to earth, although I am slighted disappointed I was in such a state and could not enjoy the views."
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
The pair raised £3,000 for Addenbrooke's Hospital, Keech Cottage, The Sick Children's Trust and The Jennifer Trust.
INFORMATION: To make a donation in memory of Billy, e-mail Shelley Boyden on email@example.com