Skunk in Brampton - why so shocked?
I REFER to the article Skunk Rockers (May 13) and the quote from Brampton Parish Councillor Mike Shellens, who said: We are generally shocked – I mean this is Brampton. Who would have thought that quiet and leafy Brampton would have been the target of
I REFER to the article "Skunk Rockers" (May 13) and the quote from Brampton Parish Councillor Mike Shellens, who said: "We are generally shocked - I mean this is Brampton."
Who would have thought that quiet and leafy Brampton would have been the target of the cannabis factory criminals? Who would have thought Exeter in Devon would have been the target of a suicide bomber?
And yet it is well known that every successful terrorist and criminal group pre-surveys its target, so you, your business and your community are that target.
Criminals and terrorists rely heavily on the fact that no one knows what to do if they see suspicious behaviour taking place and hope that they forget about it.
The landlord who rented out this house is now faced with a hefty repair bill, and this business and the community of Brampton are the true victims of this crime.
TACPA has created project Zeus that can teach businesses and communities how to recognise suspicious behaviour and then who to contact, thereby stopping an incident before it happens. Prevention is better than cure.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 This week's Readers Photos
For more details see www.tacpa.org.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0844 415 4843.
Chief executive, TACPA