Skunk in Brampton - why so shocked?
I REFER to the article Skunk Rockers (May 13) and the quote from Brampton Parish Councillor Mike Shellens, who said: We are generally shocked – I mean this is Brampton. Who would have thought that quiet and leafy Brampton would have been the target of
I REFER to the article "Skunk Rockers" (May 13) and the quote from Brampton Parish Councillor Mike Shellens, who said: "We are generally shocked - I mean this is Brampton."
Who would have thought that quiet and leafy Brampton would have been the target of the cannabis factory criminals? Who would have thought Exeter in Devon would have been the target of a suicide bomber?
And yet it is well known that every successful terrorist and criminal group pre-surveys its target, so you, your business and your community are that target.
Criminals and terrorists rely heavily on the fact that no one knows what to do if they see suspicious behaviour taking place and hope that they forget about it.
You may also want to watch:
The landlord who rented out this house is now faced with a hefty repair bill, and this business and the community of Brampton are the true victims of this crime.
TACPA has created project Zeus that can teach businesses and communities how to recognise suspicious behaviour and then who to contact, thereby stopping an incident before it happens. Prevention is better than cure.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
For more details see www.tacpa.org.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0844 415 4843.
Chief executive, TACPA