Skoda wins best car manufacturer accolade
Skoda has been awarded the top spot at the 2010 Which? Awards winning the prestigious title of Best Car Manufacturer. Skoda’s trumped the competition, beating even premium brands to take the top honour.
The accolade was given to Skoda as an acknowledgement of the quality of its products, the great value for money and high standard of customer care that the brand offers. The Which? Car test team and Which? members have all been impressed with Skoda’s reliability, customer care and the quality of its dealerships.
Chief executive of Which?, Peter Vicary-Smith, who presented the award, said: “Skoda is a car company ideally suited to the times, as people demand more but want to pay less. It offers a great range of reasonably-priced, well-built cars.”
Editor of Which? Car, Richard Headland added: “People might know Skoda as a purveyor of value, but what they might not know is that this brand should be equally recognised for its quality of product, its reliability and its excellent dealer network.”
Skoda UK director, Robert Hazelwood, commented: “We’re really pleased to win this award. It shows just how highly Which? rates our products and service.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very proud of the excellent engineering and great value in every one of our cars, and pleased that Which? has recognised the outstanding personal service our retailers give their customers.”
Skoda manufactures five models in its range: the Fabia supermini with its new sport vRS version; the family carrier Roomster; the Octavia range, including estate Scout and vRS versions, the Superb and new Superb Estate; and the Yeti 4x4.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
For more information on the Skoda range call Darlington’s on 08433 160 211 or visit the website www.ejdarlington.co.uk