Skoda wins best car manufacturer accolade
Skoda has been awarded the top spot at the 2010 Which? Awards winning the prestigious title of Best Car Manufacturer. Skoda’s trumped the competition, beating even premium brands to take the top honour.
The accolade was given to Skoda as an acknowledgement of the quality of its products, the great value for money and high standard of customer care that the brand offers. The Which? Car test team and Which? members have all been impressed with Skoda’s reliability, customer care and the quality of its dealerships.
Chief executive of Which?, Peter Vicary-Smith, who presented the award, said: “Skoda is a car company ideally suited to the times, as people demand more but want to pay less. It offers a great range of reasonably-priced, well-built cars.”
Editor of Which? Car, Richard Headland added: “People might know Skoda as a purveyor of value, but what they might not know is that this brand should be equally recognised for its quality of product, its reliability and its excellent dealer network.”
Skoda UK director, Robert Hazelwood, commented: “We’re really pleased to win this award. It shows just how highly Which? rates our products and service.
“We’re very proud of the excellent engineering and great value in every one of our cars, and pleased that Which? has recognised the outstanding personal service our retailers give their customers.”
Skoda manufactures five models in its range: the Fabia supermini with its new sport vRS version; the family carrier Roomster; the Octavia range, including estate Scout and vRS versions, the Superb and new Superb Estate; and the Yeti 4x4.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
For more information on the Skoda range call Darlington’s on 08433 160 211 or visit the website www.ejdarlington.co.uk