Skaters’ 12-hour marathon
YOUNGSTERS in Brampton will be taking part in a 12-hour skate jam later this month to try to raise £20,000 for the last piece of equipment for their skate park. After years of planning and fundraising, Brampton skate park could finally be completed if en
YOUNGSTERS in Brampton will be taking part in a 12-hour skate jam later this month to try to raise £20,000 for the last piece of equipment for their skate park.
After years of planning and fundraising, Brampton skate park could finally be completed if enough money can be raised to pay for a piece of equipment called a spine, which is two half-pipes backed onto each other.
The skate jam has been organised by Brampton Youth Club and Brampton Skatepark Management Committee. It will take place on Saturday May 27 from 8am to 8pm at the Brampton Skate Park in Thrapston Road.
Steph Webb, Cambridgeshire County Council youth work manager for Huntingdon, said: "It's great to see it finally all coming together and with everyone's help we will be a step closer to achieving the completion of the skate park. The skate park is highly valued within the local community as it is clear to see how hard the young people have worked to establish it."
You may also want to watch:
About 25 skaters between the ages of 11 and 22 will be taking part in the 12-hour skate jam.
If you would like to take part and raise money for the skate park, fill in a sponsorship form available from Brampton Youth Club on a Tuesday evening at the Memorial Centre from 7.30pm.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners