Sixth centre in pipeline
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire s sixth Sure Start children s centre if planners give the go ahead. An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury. The centr
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire's sixth Sure Start children's centre if planners give the go ahead.
An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury.
The centres are a Government initiative, aimed at children under five and their parents. They offer nursery and creche facilities, health and ante-natal services, family support and employment training under one roof.
If granted planning permission, the project, which will cost £750,000, would be St Neots' second centre because permission has already been granted for one to open at Bushmead School, in Eaton Socon, early next year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: "The children's centre at Winhills is all part of the county council's commitment to providing seamless, integrated services for children under five and their families - all aimed at delivering better outcomes."
The community nursery facilities are planned for 22 areas of Cambridgeshire, with six for Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 9 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson