Sixth centre in pipeline
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire s sixth Sure Start children s centre if planners give the go ahead. An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury. The centr
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire's sixth Sure Start children's centre if planners give the go ahead.
An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury.
The centres are a Government initiative, aimed at children under five and their parents. They offer nursery and creche facilities, health and ante-natal services, family support and employment training under one roof.
If granted planning permission, the project, which will cost £750,000, would be St Neots' second centre because permission has already been granted for one to open at Bushmead School, in Eaton Socon, early next year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: "The children's centre at Winhills is all part of the county council's commitment to providing seamless, integrated services for children under five and their families - all aimed at delivering better outcomes."
The community nursery facilities are planned for 22 areas of Cambridgeshire, with six for Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer