Sixth centre in pipeline
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire s sixth Sure Start children s centre if planners give the go ahead. An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury. The centr
ST Neots could be home to Huntingdonshire's sixth Sure Start children's centre if planners give the go ahead.
An application has been sent to Huntingdonshire District Council for a centre at Winhills Primary School, in Cromwell Road, Eynesbury.
The centres are a Government initiative, aimed at children under five and their parents. They offer nursery and creche facilities, health and ante-natal services, family support and employment training under one roof.
If granted planning permission, the project, which will cost £750,000, would be St Neots' second centre because permission has already been granted for one to open at Bushmead School, in Eaton Socon, early next year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said: "The children's centre at Winhills is all part of the county council's commitment to providing seamless, integrated services for children under five and their families - all aimed at delivering better outcomes."
The community nursery facilities are planned for 22 areas of Cambridgeshire, with six for Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae