Super slimmer Tasha loses six stone after seeing photo of herself at park
- Credit: Archant
Super-slimmer Tasha Leitch knew she would have to do something about her weight when she realised her daughter was worried about what she would look like at events such as parents’ evenings at school.
Tasha, 32, from Huntingdon, lost a total of six stone and saw her dress size drop from a 20 to 8/10 after joining Slimming World - and she now runs her own Slimming World group in Brampton.
The mum-of-two said she had been worried about going to the classes and expected to drop out after setting a target weight of 10st 3lbs, six stone down on her entry weight.
“I never thought I would be able to do it, but after five or six weeks I realised that I was enjoying it,” she said. “I found I could do it by making changes to how I was eating.”
Tasha, whose growing confidence in herself has also seen a job change, said: “I realised my daughter was worried about my appearance at parents’ evenings when some of the mums dress to impress and I had worn one of my husband’s jumpers because it was the only thing which would fit.”
You may also want to watch:
She said a photograph of herself at a play park also helped tip the balance: “There was a picture of myself and my daughter at Wicksteed Park in a swing they put a weight limit on and I am surprised they let me on it.”
Tasha said the Slimming World system enabled her to enjoy favourites alongside ‘free foods’, such as lean meat, fish and vegetables, which you could eat as much of as you like, with treats, including a glass of wine or chocolate, still being available.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
She said losing weight not only helped boost her self esteem, it also brought major health benefits in warding off heart problems and conditions like diabetes.
Adding: “The support of your consultant and group together really is the key to changing habits of a lifetime, sharing ideas, celebrating the achievements and picking each other up when it’s not always perfect.”
INFO: Details about the group are available from: 07847667613