Six cars crash into another garden over 10 years
IN Ramsey Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, another family has had six cars crash into their garden in 10 years. This month, there were two crashes in a week. The first was on Sunday, August 12 at 9.30pm when a Peugeot destroyed fences of two houses. The driver a
IN Ramsey Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, another family has had six cars crash into their garden in 10 years.
This month, there were two crashes in a week. The first was on Sunday, August 12 at 9.30pm when a Peugeot destroyed fences of two houses. The driver admitted drink driving. In the second crash, on Thursday, August 16 at 10pm, a Vauxhall Corsa crashed into the garden.
The home of Paula and Robert Markland is at 55 Ramsey Road, close to the corner of the Forty Foot Drain Road, where in winter 2004-5, five people died in six weeks.
Mrs Markland, 36, said: "The crashes are usually in July or August. They are lads going too fast and they miss the corner.
"You actually sit there, listening for the cars and wait for the bang. That's how bad it's got.
"My son is the most affected. He has had to have counselling. He is 13 but when we moved here, he was three. His bedroom was at the front of the house but he refused to sleep there."
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
The Markland's home is a council house so their choices of moving are limited.