Six cars crash into another garden over 10 years
IN Ramsey Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, another family has had six cars crash into their garden in 10 years. This month, there were two crashes in a week. The first was on Sunday, August 12 at 9.30pm when a Peugeot destroyed fences of two houses. The driver a
IN Ramsey Road, Ramsey Forty Foot, another family has had six cars crash into their garden in 10 years.
This month, there were two crashes in a week. The first was on Sunday, August 12 at 9.30pm when a Peugeot destroyed fences of two houses. The driver admitted drink driving. In the second crash, on Thursday, August 16 at 10pm, a Vauxhall Corsa crashed into the garden.
The home of Paula and Robert Markland is at 55 Ramsey Road, close to the corner of the Forty Foot Drain Road, where in winter 2004-5, five people died in six weeks.
Mrs Markland, 36, said: "The crashes are usually in July or August. They are lads going too fast and they miss the corner.
You may also want to watch:
"You actually sit there, listening for the cars and wait for the bang. That's how bad it's got.
"My son is the most affected. He has had to have counselling. He is 13 but when we moved here, he was three. His bedroom was at the front of the house but he refused to sleep there."
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 10 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
The Markland's home is a council house so their choices of moving are limited.