Showing disapproval at the ballot box
THE bright flame of democracy, which for centuries has been recognised as “the British way”, has flickered low in recent weeks under the dark shadow of Government incompetence.
Many citizens have shown their courage by taking part in the recent ballot, but by marking their ballot paper to show disgust at the attempt to politicise our police force.
Do not despair my friends. We are not apathetic. We need to show disapproval at every turn in future.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns