Shop pots top window prize
PRIZES have been handed out to reward the most festive Christmas window displays in Huntingdon. The Parsley Pot at 40 High Street, Huntingdon, was awarded first prize for its display, which features Christmas scenes with snowmen and Santa Claus. Second pl
PRIZES have been handed out to reward the most festive Christmas window displays in Huntingdon.
The Parsley Pot at 40 High Street, Huntingdon, was awarded first prize for its display, which features Christmas scenes with snowmen and Santa Claus.
Second place went to Coleman's of Market Hill, while Sports & Fashions, of 51 High Street, was third.
The winner of the best non-retail window, sponsored by Huntingdon Town Centre Partnership, was Alchemy Hair Design of 74-75 High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Kondje Selim, owner of The Parsley Pot, said: "We are very pleased to win this award and I must pay tribute to the hard work of all the staff who worked so hard to put it together.
"We put up a display for every occasion and we take great pride in our windows, plus there is the added bonus for us that everything in the window can be bought inside."
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
The shop - which has won twice before in 1984 and 1991 - received £100 and an engraved trophy to keep for the next 12 months.
The judges included Huntingdon Mayor, Councillor Jeff Dutton, Lydia Eldridge of the Commemoration Hall and the manager of Hunts Business against Crime, Katy Sismore.
Ms Sismore said: "Thank you to all the businesses who have created Christmas windows in the run up to the festive season.
"The impact of a good shop window display really does add to the vibrancy of the town and we wish all the businesses in Huntingdon an excellent Christmas and New Year trade.