Shop back in business
A FURNITURE shop which burned down two months ago is to re-open at new premises. The fire at Countrywide Interiors, in Tower Square, Huntingdon, in the early hours of Sunday, September 23, is still being investigated as arson, police said on Monday. Propr
A FURNITURE shop which burned down two months ago is to re-open at new premises.
The fire at Countrywide Interiors, in Tower Square, Huntingdon, in the early hours of Sunday, September 23, is still being investigated as arson, police said on Monday.
Proprietor Norman Edge, right, said the business would be moving temporarily to 3 Phoenix Court, in St Margaret's Way, off Stukeley Road, Huntingdon.
The 74-year-old inventor said he expected to re-open on January 2.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It will take that long to get the stock delivered, to get samples of carpets and the beds and mattresses.
"I hope we will be at the new premises for only three months and then we can return to our original base in Tower Square.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 6 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
"Once we return, we hope to go ahead with the launch of all our other projects."
He said any of his customers who had orders outstanding and had paid deposits should receive a letter this week informing them they could either have their money back or continue with their order.
The original premises were destroyed when fire ripped through the single-storey industrial unit. Sixty fire-fighters fought the blaze after the alarm was raised just after 3am.
Mr Edge said at the time: "It was definitely deliberate - the back door was open. They took what they wanted and on the way out they dropped a match."
INFORMATION: Former customers who want to contact Countrywide Interiors can write to PO Box 24, The Sorting Office, Royal Mail, St Peter's Road, Huntingdon or telephone Graham Phillips on 07825 654 758.