Shelter is a waste
It has been reported that HDC is spending £3,505 of taxpayers money on a shelter for employees to indulge them in the habit of smoking the noxious and deadly weed (ie tobacco). For their comfort the shelter will be lit and heated at a further cost to th
It has been reported that HDC is spending £3,505 of taxpayers' money on a shelter for employees to indulge them in the habit of smoking the noxious and deadly weed (ie tobacco).
For their comfort the shelter will be lit and heated at a further cost to the long suffering taxpayer. Will chairs be provided I wonder, or tea making facilities?
I do not pay Council Tax for my money to be wasted in this way, if these smokers want a shelter it is up to them to pay for it.
I also understand the council has won a clean air award. What a joke they are encouraging people to smoke.
You may also want to watch:
If the HDC has money to spare, why not spend it on giving the taxpayers some decent footpaths to walk on or cutting hedges that overhang the footpaths.
P G Bowerman
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 8 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31