Shelter is a waste
It has been reported that HDC is spending £3,505 of taxpayers money on a shelter for employees to indulge them in the habit of smoking the noxious and deadly weed (ie tobacco). For their comfort the shelter will be lit and heated at a further cost to th
It has been reported that HDC is spending £3,505 of taxpayers' money on a shelter for employees to indulge them in the habit of smoking the noxious and deadly weed (ie tobacco).
For their comfort the shelter will be lit and heated at a further cost to the long suffering taxpayer. Will chairs be provided I wonder, or tea making facilities?
I do not pay Council Tax for my money to be wasted in this way, if these smokers want a shelter it is up to them to pay for it.
I also understand the council has won a clean air award. What a joke they are encouraging people to smoke.
You may also want to watch:
If the HDC has money to spare, why not spend it on giving the taxpayers some decent footpaths to walk on or cutting hedges that overhang the footpaths.
P G Bowerman
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford