Shedding light on a service to reduce parking problems
ARRANGEMENTS have been finalised for a free bus service to ferry people to and from St Neots for the switching on of the Christmas lights. The town council expects almost 3,000 visitors for the annual event and is keen to reduce parking problems. Counci
ARRANGEMENTS have been finalised for a free bus service to ferry people to and from St Neots for the switching on of the Christmas lights.
The town council expects almost 3,000 visitors for the annual event and is keen to reduce parking problems.
Councillor Julia Hayward put forward the idea after discussions with Whippet Coaches and the town council agreed to pay £250 to support the service.
Unlike previous years, parking will be limited in the Riverside Car Park because it will be the site of the funfair, which usually operates on the Market Square.
You may also want to watch:
The switch-on will take place at 6pm on Friday, November 30, by Chas and Dave, who will then go on to perform in the Priory Centre.
On the evening of the big switch-on, the normal 463 bus service will run until 5.45pm when a free service will start, operating to and from the Market Square, Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford and Eynesbury.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 8 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
After the lights are on and a parade has passed through the town, the free service will resume every half-hour from 7.15 until 10.15pm.
INFORMATION: For more details, you should e-mail Julia Hayward on firstname.lastname@example.org