Shedding light on a service to reduce parking problems
ARRANGEMENTS have been finalised for a free bus service to ferry people to and from St Neots for the switching on of the Christmas lights. The town council expects almost 3,000 visitors for the annual event and is keen to reduce parking problems. Counci
ARRANGEMENTS have been finalised for a free bus service to ferry people to and from St Neots for the switching on of the Christmas lights.
The town council expects almost 3,000 visitors for the annual event and is keen to reduce parking problems.
Councillor Julia Hayward put forward the idea after discussions with Whippet Coaches and the town council agreed to pay £250 to support the service.
Unlike previous years, parking will be limited in the Riverside Car Park because it will be the site of the funfair, which usually operates on the Market Square.
The switch-on will take place at 6pm on Friday, November 30, by Chas and Dave, who will then go on to perform in the Priory Centre.
On the evening of the big switch-on, the normal 463 bus service will run until 5.45pm when a free service will start, operating to and from the Market Square, Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford and Eynesbury.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
After the lights are on and a parade has passed through the town, the free service will resume every half-hour from 7.15 until 10.15pm.
INFORMATION: For more details, you should e-mail Julia Hayward on email@example.com