THE winners of The Hunts Post Impressions gym memberships collected their prizes last week with a pledge to keep in shape. The five winners were given a tour of the facilities on offer at St Ivo Leisure Centre to understand the benefit of their prize an
THE winners of The Hunts Post Impressions gym memberships collected their prizes last week with a pledge to keep in shape.
The five winners were given a tour of the facilities on offer at St Ivo Leisure Centre to understand the benefit of their prize and the commitment they have made to participate in the Health of Huntingdonshire campaign.
Each of the winners - Glenn Hutchinson, Peter Branch, Karen Duff, Sarah Peak and Gloria Bramham - all received a six month Impressions Fitness Suite gym membership.
As part of their prize each of the winners will be telling The Hunts Post about their gym experiences along with tips about how to get and sta, healthy.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Peak, who is not a regular Impressions fitness user, said: "I am a very busy person so will find it tough to squeeze in regular activity but from what I hear about the benefits of doing this it might help me more then I realise."
Three of the winners had previously used one of the five Impressions fitness suites, leaving two winners with no experience and slightly apprehensive but excited about the facilities.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
Gloria Branham, who will be primarily using the Ramsey facility, said: "I was surprised to hear I had won. I have just got back from holiday, so I am looking forward to utilising the facilities on offer."
Impressions has five gyms in Huntingdonshire, which can be used by any of the members.
A full membership entitles members use of the Impressions fitness suite, creche, fitness classes, swimming pool, off-peak racquet sports and health suite.
Glenn Hutchinson, who said he is looking forward to making the most out of his gym membership, said: "I am already a regular user of the St Ivo facility and really enjoy the top rate service and equipment on offer, and am looking forward to helping promote the facilities.