TOWN Councillor Gina Cruickshank (June 13) asks about footpaths and cycle paths at Sapley Road and Kings Ripton Road. May I respectfully suggest that, if she were really interested, she should have done her homework a little better? We Conservatives have
TOWN Councillor Gina Cruickshank (June 13) asks about footpaths and cycle paths at Sapley Road and Kings Ripton Road. May I respectfully suggest that, if she were really interested, she should have done her homework a little better?
We Conservatives have been trying to get funding for some time, and I have included this section of roadway in my request to the county council for the crossing and footpath and cycle path, as well as new street lighting.
You would think that the Lib Dems would have known this - but perhaps not. The local district councillor for East Ward has hardly attended any district council meetings since being elected and even less since he moved out of the Huntingdon Ward. There seems to be a problem with the Huntingdon North Lib Dem as well, as she was newly elected but also cannot get to important meetings
Perhaps it goes to show that Lib Dems will stop at nothing to get elected but paper candidates - especially Hunts Post paper candidates have to put action where the fancy words are.
I am the sitting councillor for Huntingdon North and the county councillor for Huntingdon East and Godmanchester. I work hard for the towns and the whole area. As people will see, my actions speak far louder than mere words.
Perhaps the electorate will wake up and put their crosses in the boxes of candidates who have a record of service, instead of those promising what they don't have a cat in hell's chance of delivering.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Councillor JEFF DUTTON, Falcon Drive, Hartford