Secret Garden line-up and other festival news
SECRET GARDEN PARTY – ABBOT S RIPTON HALL JULY 24-27 GRACE Jones, Glasvegas, Morcheeba and Sons and Daughters have been announced in the line-up, as well as The Little Ones Bonde Do Role, Envy and Other Sins, Infadels and Florence and the Machine and Th
SECRET GARDEN PARTY - ABBOT'S RIPTON HALL JULY 24-27 GRACE
Jones, Glasvegas, Morcheeba and Sons and Daughters have been announced in the line-up, as well as The Little Ones Bonde Do Role, Envy and Other Sins, Infadels and Florence and the Machine and The Winter Kings.
INFORMATION: Tickets, £125; youth tickets for 14-17 year olds £100. Under 14s are admitted free if accompanied by an adult.
CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL - LINE-UP - JULY 31-AUGUST 3
ACTS booked for this year's Cambridge Folk Festival is one of the most exciting for years. It includes one of the best thing to happen to folk music ever, The Imagined Village, a band including Paul Weller, Benjamin Zephaniah, Billy Bragg, Johnny Kalshi (from the Afro Celt Sound System), Martin and Eliza Carthy, Sheila Chandra, The Gloworms, Tiger Moth and the Trans-Global Underground. English folk music is reinterpreted for a multi-cultural 21st century.
Also see: KD Lang, Joan Armatrading, The Levellers, Judy Collins, Mauvais Sort, Martha Wainwright, Whapweasal, The Shivers and Seth Lakeman.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
INFORMATION: Full tickets, £100, disabled, £74, ages 14-15, £70, children five to 13, £27, under fives admitted free. Discounts for Cambridge residents. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk or call 01223 457555
YOUNG MUSICIAN CONTEST TO PLAY AT CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL
IF you are aged 11-18 and you want to play in the Club Tent on Sunday, August 3, send a maximum of three tracks on a CD with information about yourself, including your name, address, age and contact details to: Young Musician Competition, Cambridge Folk Festival, Cambridge City Council, The Guildhall, Cambridge, Cambs. CB2 3QJ. Entries must arrive by Thursday, May 22. Winners will be notified by June 6 and receive weekend passes for the festival. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk or call 01223 457555