Secret Garden line-up and other festival news
SECRET GARDEN PARTY – ABBOT S RIPTON HALL JULY 24-27 GRACE Jones, Glasvegas, Morcheeba and Sons and Daughters have been announced in the line-up, as well as The Little Ones Bonde Do Role, Envy and Other Sins, Infadels and Florence and the Machine and Th
SECRET GARDEN PARTY - ABBOT'S RIPTON HALL JULY 24-27 GRACE
Jones, Glasvegas, Morcheeba and Sons and Daughters have been announced in the line-up, as well as The Little Ones Bonde Do Role, Envy and Other Sins, Infadels and Florence and the Machine and The Winter Kings.
INFORMATION: Tickets, £125; youth tickets for 14-17 year olds £100. Under 14s are admitted free if accompanied by an adult.
CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL - LINE-UP - JULY 31-AUGUST 3
You may also want to watch:
ACTS booked for this year's Cambridge Folk Festival is one of the most exciting for years. It includes one of the best thing to happen to folk music ever, The Imagined Village, a band including Paul Weller, Benjamin Zephaniah, Billy Bragg, Johnny Kalshi (from the Afro Celt Sound System), Martin and Eliza Carthy, Sheila Chandra, The Gloworms, Tiger Moth and the Trans-Global Underground. English folk music is reinterpreted for a multi-cultural 21st century.
Also see: KD Lang, Joan Armatrading, The Levellers, Judy Collins, Mauvais Sort, Martha Wainwright, Whapweasal, The Shivers and Seth Lakeman.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
INFORMATION: Full tickets, £100, disabled, £74, ages 14-15, £70, children five to 13, £27, under fives admitted free. Discounts for Cambridge residents. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk or call 01223 457555
YOUNG MUSICIAN CONTEST TO PLAY AT CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL
IF you are aged 11-18 and you want to play in the Club Tent on Sunday, August 3, send a maximum of three tracks on a CD with information about yourself, including your name, address, age and contact details to: Young Musician Competition, Cambridge Folk Festival, Cambridge City Council, The Guildhall, Cambridge, Cambs. CB2 3QJ. Entries must arrive by Thursday, May 22. Winners will be notified by June 6 and receive weekend passes for the festival. See: www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk or call 01223 457555