Search for best volunteers
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire s Volunteer of the Year. The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 3
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire's Volunteer of the Year.
The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 30.
The 2006 Volunteer Awards have five categories: Innovation - for an original way to address a need in the community; Commitment - for showing true dedication; Impact - for those whose work has transformed lives; Inspiration - for people who have inspired others or become role models, Partnership - for successfully building partnerships across groups. Winners will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony in September.
The awards will be presented by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Hugh Duberly and the Bishop of Ely, the Right Reverend Anthony Russell.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact 01223 717205 or 01223 717065. Online forms are available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk or contact Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England) on 01353 860850.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald