Search for best volunteers
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire s Volunteer of the Year. The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 3
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire's Volunteer of the Year.
The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 30.
The 2006 Volunteer Awards have five categories: Innovation - for an original way to address a need in the community; Commitment - for showing true dedication; Impact - for those whose work has transformed lives; Inspiration - for people who have inspired others or become role models, Partnership - for successfully building partnerships across groups. Winners will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony in September.
The awards will be presented by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Hugh Duberly and the Bishop of Ely, the Right Reverend Anthony Russell.
INFORMATION: Contact 01223 717205 or 01223 717065. Online forms are available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk or contact Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England) on 01353 860850.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Could you give these pets a home?
- 4 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer