Search for best volunteers
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire s Volunteer of the Year. The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 3
THE search is on for Cambridgeshire's Volunteer of the Year.
The county council is inviting nominations for individuals who deserve to be recognised for making an outstanding contribution by their volunteer work. Nominations need to be received by June 30.
The 2006 Volunteer Awards have five categories: Innovation - for an original way to address a need in the community; Commitment - for showing true dedication; Impact - for those whose work has transformed lives; Inspiration - for people who have inspired others or become role models, Partnership - for successfully building partnerships across groups. Winners will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony in September.
The awards will be presented by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Hugh Duberly and the Bishop of Ely, the Right Reverend Anthony Russell.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact 01223 717205 or 01223 717065. Online forms are available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk or contact Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England) on 01353 860850.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford