Scouts turn posties to deliver cards
A SPECIAL Christmas postal service is being offered by Huntingdonshire scouts. The service, which has been operating in the county for 14 years, will see scouts collecting and delivering cards and letters for a charge of 20p per item. The service will be
A SPECIAL Christmas postal service is being offered by Huntingdonshire scouts.
The service, which has been operating in the county for 14 years, will see scouts collecting and delivering cards and letters for a charge of 20p per item.
The service will be available in St Ives, Bluntisham, Boxworth, Colne, Conington, Earith, Elsworth, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Hemingford Abbots, Hemingford Grey, Hilton, Needingworth, Papworth Everard, Ramsey, Somersham, Warboys and Woodhurst.
Collection points are being set up in St Ives and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
The collection point in St Ives will be Edinburgh Woollen Mill in Crown Street and will be manned on Friday, December 7, from 9am-5pm, Saturday, December 8 from 9am-3pm, Monday, December 10 from 9am-5pm, Friday, December 14 from 9am-5pm and Saturday, December 15 from 9am-1pm.
Money raised by the scouts in St Ives will go towards the upkeep of the Cromwell District Scout headquarters while funds raised by other group will go to good causes.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'