Scouts turn posties to deliver cards
A SPECIAL Christmas postal service is being offered by Huntingdonshire scouts. The service, which has been operating in the county for 14 years, will see scouts collecting and delivering cards and letters for a charge of 20p per item. The service will be
A SPECIAL Christmas postal service is being offered by Huntingdonshire scouts.
The service, which has been operating in the county for 14 years, will see scouts collecting and delivering cards and letters for a charge of 20p per item.
The service will be available in St Ives, Bluntisham, Boxworth, Colne, Conington, Earith, Elsworth, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Hemingford Abbots, Hemingford Grey, Hilton, Needingworth, Papworth Everard, Ramsey, Somersham, Warboys and Woodhurst.
Collection points are being set up in St Ives and the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
The collection point in St Ives will be Edinburgh Woollen Mill in Crown Street and will be manned on Friday, December 7, from 9am-5pm, Saturday, December 8 from 9am-3pm, Monday, December 10 from 9am-5pm, Friday, December 14 from 9am-5pm and Saturday, December 15 from 9am-1pm.
Money raised by the scouts in St Ives will go towards the upkeep of the Cromwell District Scout headquarters while funds raised by other group will go to good causes.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens