Schools on list of outstanding performers
FOUR Huntingdonshire schools feature on a Government report which recognises outstanding schools. Published today (Wednesday), the annual report of Her Majesty s Chief Inspector of Education, Children s Services and Skills highlights nearly 2,000 outstand
FOUR Huntingdonshire schools feature on a Government report which recognises outstanding schools.
Published today (Wednesday), the annual report of Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Children's Services and Skills highlights nearly 2,000 outstanding schools.
In Cambridgeshire, 13 schools, 20 childcare providers and one college were judged to be providing outstanding care and education.
Among those are Eastfield Infant and Nursery School, St Ives, Huntingdon Nursery School, Hemingford Nursery School and Needingworth Community Pre-School.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hemingford Nursery School told The Hunts Post they were "over the moon with the result".
For Eastfield Infant and Nursery School and Huntingdon Nursery School it is their second time in the list.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Claire Wildgoose, deputy head at Eastfield, said: "We are delighted with the result which reflects the dedication and hard work of everyone at the school."
Kay Dimelow, headteacher of Huntingdon Nursery School, added: "It is the team work of the staff that has built up a reputation of high quality teaching."
Outstanding providers are given a distinctive 'outstanding' logo which they can use on documents and their website to communicate their achievement.