Schools on list of outstanding performers
FOUR Huntingdonshire schools feature on a Government report which recognises outstanding schools. Published today (Wednesday), the annual report of Her Majesty s Chief Inspector of Education, Children s Services and Skills highlights nearly 2,000 outstand
FOUR Huntingdonshire schools feature on a Government report which recognises outstanding schools.
Published today (Wednesday), the annual report of Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Children's Services and Skills highlights nearly 2,000 outstanding schools.
In Cambridgeshire, 13 schools, 20 childcare providers and one college were judged to be providing outstanding care and education.
Among those are Eastfield Infant and Nursery School, St Ives, Huntingdon Nursery School, Hemingford Nursery School and Needingworth Community Pre-School.
A spokesman for Hemingford Nursery School told The Hunts Post they were "over the moon with the result".
For Eastfield Infant and Nursery School and Huntingdon Nursery School it is their second time in the list.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
Claire Wildgoose, deputy head at Eastfield, said: "We are delighted with the result which reflects the dedication and hard work of everyone at the school."
Kay Dimelow, headteacher of Huntingdon Nursery School, added: "It is the team work of the staff that has built up a reputation of high quality teaching."
Outstanding providers are given a distinctive 'outstanding' logo which they can use on documents and their website to communicate their achievement.