School's out: Little Paxton woman will help pupils in Tanzania
HELPIN HAND: A Little Paxton woman will head to Tanzania this summer to help run a school… and she needs your help to get to Africa. Helen Williams, 20, will fly out on June 21 to help at the Kisango School and the Meserani Adult Education Centre near Aru
HELPIN HAND: A Little Paxton woman will head to Tanzania this summer to help run a school... and she needs your help to get to Africa.
Helen Williams, 20, will fly out on June 21 to help at the Kisango School and the Meserani Adult Education Centre near Arusha.
Miss Williams (pictured LEFT???) is in her second year at the University of Nottingham where she first got involved with Working in Tandem, the charity whose project she will be supporting in Tanzania.
However, she has to raise �400 to help out with the project and she will also have to pay for her travel expenses.
You may also want to watch:
However, told The Hunts Post: "If I get over �400 then I will be giving it all to them as I don't want the money to pay for me to go there.
"We spend so much on education that I think it's important to make sure that other people have the opportunity to benefit.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
"I thought about doing a gap year but they were all a little bit of volunteer work and mostly travelling but this was very different.
"When you come back you file a report about what needs to be improved and can see that done."
Miss Williams will work in Africa for six weeks.
She added: "I'm just looking forward to it and I think it will be worthwhile as it's not just a holiday that you come home from and forget about, it's something you stay involved with."
However, it will not be all work, work, work as Miss Williams intends to travel around Tanzania and see the country's famous sights including the Serengeti National Park, the island of Zanzibar and Mount Kilimanjaro.
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in sponsoring Helen can phone 01480 475700 or e-mail email@example.com