School governor stands down after 18 years
A GOVERNOR who helped to shape the direction of a St Ives school has stood down after 18 years. Dr Paul Brooker retired as governor of Eastfield School. He was chairman of the governing body for five years and was involved with the appointment of two head
A GOVERNOR who helped to shape the direction of a St Ives school has stood down after 18 years.
Dr Paul Brooker retired as governor of Eastfield School. He was chairman of the governing body for five years and was involved with the appointment of two headteachers and three deputy heads.
Elaine Lynch, headteacher at Eastfield, said: "Paul has been instrumental in helping to positively shape the direction of Eastfield over the last 18 years.
"He brought a tremendous energy, vision and wisdom to the role of governor and chairman. He has been both highly supportive and a source of great knowledge."
Chairman of governors Dr Paul Varley said: "Throughout his time, Paul has been a continuous source of support and guidance for the school. The commitment shown over such a long period of service is quite exceptional."
Dr Brooker said the highlight of his work at Eastfield was the implementation of good pupil and adult ratios for classes and the creation of another classroom at the school.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
He said: "I feel privileged to have been involved with so many fantastically talented staff and I will miss everyone dearly.