School governor stands down after 18 years
A GOVERNOR who helped to shape the direction of a St Ives school has stood down after 18 years. Dr Paul Brooker retired as governor of Eastfield School. He was chairman of the governing body for five years and was involved with the appointment of two head
A GOVERNOR who helped to shape the direction of a St Ives school has stood down after 18 years.
Dr Paul Brooker retired as governor of Eastfield School. He was chairman of the governing body for five years and was involved with the appointment of two headteachers and three deputy heads.
Elaine Lynch, headteacher at Eastfield, said: "Paul has been instrumental in helping to positively shape the direction of Eastfield over the last 18 years.
"He brought a tremendous energy, vision and wisdom to the role of governor and chairman. He has been both highly supportive and a source of great knowledge."
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of governors Dr Paul Varley said: "Throughout his time, Paul has been a continuous source of support and guidance for the school. The commitment shown over such a long period of service is quite exceptional."
Dr Brooker said the highlight of his work at Eastfield was the implementation of good pupil and adult ratios for classes and the creation of another classroom at the school.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 9 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
He said: "I feel privileged to have been involved with so many fantastically talented staff and I will miss everyone dearly.