School gets boundary fence to boost safety
AN eight-feet high fence is being put up around a Huntingdonshire secondary school in a bid to improve pupils and staff safety. Measuring three-quarters-of-a-mile, the fence, which follows the boundary of St Peter s School in Huntingdon, is due to be comp
AN eight-feet high fence is being put up around a Huntingdonshire secondary school in a bid to improve pupils and staff safety.
Measuring three-quarters-of-a-mile, the fence, which follows the boundary of St Peter's School in Huntingdon, is due to be completed by half-term. It will cost £150,000.
Headteacher Val Ford, told The Hunts Post that the fence, which is being put up by Huntree Fencing Ltd, was needed for security.
Mrs Ford added: "The aim is to improve the environment in and around the school. We hope to put benches and picnic tables in the school grounds when the fence is completed allowing us to improve it for the students.
You may also want to watch:
"Most of the schools in the area are fenced. We hope it will help stop vandalism as in the past we have found it impossible to monitor who was coming on to the site. The safety of our students and staff is paramount."
Huntingdonshire District Council granted planning permission for the fence in June.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
It is one of many changes implemented by Mrs Ford since joining the school in September 2006. Other changes include a new school uniform and logo.